23 replies to this topic

#21 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:06 PM

Btw lost, that HIS card is better than the ASUS, and my Asus cost $245 including shipping and taxes.

#22 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 07:59 AM

30A on a 12V is 360W.. If the card needs that much power, there's a HUGE problem. I think they mean combined (dual 16A 12V rails is fine)

Yes I'm looking at the 1950 more so. I don't care to overclock really. I have a single rail 12V at max 18A right now. So I guess I'll still need a new power supply. Better safe than sorry I guess. Thanks for the info.

I just ordered a 22" widescreen, thus why I'm looking to upgrade. I don't think my X800XL is up to running 1650x1080.

Monster: Yeah there is an HIS card with stock cooler and its like $30-40 cheaper. I prefer a good cooler.. I know I'd just end up buying it anyways. I am jinxed when it comes to cheap fans.

#23 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:08 AM

Monster: Yeah there is an HIS card with stock cooler and its like $30-40 cheaper. I prefer a good cooler.. I know I'd just end up buying it anyways. I am jinxed when it comes to cheap fans.

Both the asus and the HIS use heatpipe coolers, while all other x1950 pro's use a normal heatsink. The HIS card is overclocked from factory though.

#24 Lost

Lost

Lazy Canadian Lurker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:15 AM

Yeah I don't mind if its overclocked from the factory. I haven't had much luck overclocking stuff.. and can't really be bothered to put a lot of time into it. Granted the X800XL was NOT a good card for overclocking.. I know that. Meh I'll take what I can get, and I found a good priced 550 watt power supply with 4 12V rails that peaks at like 48A combined. That should do fine for a while to come.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users