32 replies to this topic

#1 Komit

Komit

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:43 PM

Alright. So a preppy girl from one of my classes asked if I wanted to go to the movies with her. She was always a little annoying but I figured it'd be nice to actually get out of the house during a weekend. After riding 20 minutes with her listening to some !@#$%^& music, we arrive at the movies. We walked around for a while until she met her preppy friends. I just stood there being joe cool while smoking waiting for them to go away. They finally leave and we get a ticket for the movies, it was the only good thing playing. We get in the theatre itself and it's loaded with people. It took five minutes before we found two seats. We were forced to sit at the bottom, only a few rows above kids. The entire f*cking movie they cried and whined.

The movie finally begins after 5 previews. For about the first half of the movie it was pretty damn good. Good animation and sound effects. It was going pretty good until he got the blacksuit with the virus w/e tf it was. From there on he begins "changing", acting all badass and such. The make-up artists made a point to put on black eyeliner and give him that emo-flip thing. At one point during this badass phase, he goes to some jazz club where his ex-gf is working. They do some gay tango thing that had everyone in the f*cking theatre laughing. Total douchebag. From there on it was pretty horrible until the end. Venom was probably the best f*cking thing in the entire movie. 1/5

#2 Cyprus

Cyprus

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:01 AM

Yeah I watched it as well. Venom looked pretty gay though; he could've looked a lot better. I thought the move would was going to end, but it kept on going and going. In my opinion, the move should have been a lot shorter with less of the emo stuff.

#3 wyte mafia

wyte mafia

|Intelligent| |Design|

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:25 AM

i figured they would do a sh*tty job on venom.

#4 Mr. Sticks

Mr. Sticks

Spam Master General

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:46 AM

Am I the only one that thought the movie was good?

I mean, the whole Peter turning badass sh*t was all character development, and I think they did that extremely well. Now, I think they could have done without the emo hairdo, the gay dancing he did when he was walking down the street, and the dancing scene in the jazz cafe, but I think that everything else was a great way to show development of both the characters and the plot.

SPOILERS IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE

Peter humiliating Eddy, hitting MJ, kissing Gwen, trying to get revenge on Sandman, getting caught up in the Spider-Man fame, all of that, was an awesome way of developing his character, IMO. Plus, at the end of the movie he's all done with being a badass and is much better coming out of it. I'd say the same thing about Harry. Once he finally got out of the "he killed my dad" bs he became an awesome character, but everything he did in the film, from forcing MJ to break up with Peter, to kissing her, to getting the sh*t kicked out of him helped his character develop. The same is also true for MJ. Getting fired from the broadway show, being ignored by Peter, kissing Harry, and eventually forgiving Peter all showed development. Hell, its true for the Sandman, too. At the end when he explains what happened when Uncle Ben was killed and blows away, it shows hes not really a bad guy. I think the reason people are saying the movie sucks is because they are picking out the 2 or 3 bad scenes and forgetting about all of the good ones. The movie had amazing character development, a decent plot, and no loose ends were left untied at the end. The only thing that disappointed me was how short lived Venom was, and how the Sandman went down with 2 random missiles in the end. I'd say the movie deserves about an 8/10, at least. Keep in mind this is coming from a Spidey fanboy, though.

#5 Stoned Hatter

Stoned Hatter

The Stoned one

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:48 AM

movie was great other than some of the charactors dying way before their time

#6 Komit

Komit

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:25 AM

I think the reason people are saying the movie sucks is because they are picking out the 2 or 3 bad scenes and forgetting about all of the good ones.

Eh I may of just been in a bad mood.

#7 Ahkmed

Ahkmed

DICK RAMM

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:48 AM

Well..If it makes you feel better I seen Hot Fuss and it was awesome. :tup:

Edited by Ahkmed, 06 May 2007 - 02:52 AM.

#8 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:14 AM

Spiderman 3 was a waste of time, fuckin pro-emo bullshit.

#9 Billy Pumper

Billy Pumper

Lord of the Posts

• Dedicated Member
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:01 AM

gooing to watch it tomarrow, i didn't read any of the spoilers and shadow just gave me a broad reason why it sucked.

without seeing it IMO this movie is proably a set up tp spiderman 4. i know alot of you are too young to have kept up with the comic or the cartoon but venom was never the "badass" villan it was always CARNAGE and he should be in the fourth one. Carnage was probably one of the evilest, most badass villans ever vreated in a comic book series so if tey do make spiderman 4 you should all go check it out.

here's hoping to it doesn't suck as bad as everyone said

#10 andyouarewho

andyouarewho

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:13 AM

Carnage was hardcore sh*t. Crazy mother f*cker.

Basically, if you don't know who carnage is, take:

Zsasz from Batman (for some of the personality):
Posted Image

And then throw Venom in (for the body looks):
Posted Image

Then put a bit of Hannibal Lector (the good Anthony Hopkins or Brian Cox version, not the gay teenager version):
Posted Image

All these rolled together + a bit of extra Chuck Norris blood molecules and you get:
Posted Image

#11 Komit

Komit

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:23 AM

#12 Justin Sane

Justin Sane

Old Man of the Sea

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:01 AM

Spiderman 3 was a waste of time, f*ckin pro-emo bullsh*t.

How the f*ck was it pro-emo when he realized what an asshole he was being and went back to who he really was? Seems pretty anti-emo to me.

I enjoyed the movie. I felt that some of the MJ/Peter stuff dragged but over all, I liked it.

#13 Komit

Komit

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 10:05 AM

In b4 b&

#14 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 10:18 AM

Posted Image

#15 Raccoon00

Raccoon00

Lob

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 10:26 AM

Spider man haters....

i need to see this :weee:

Edited by Raccoon00, 06 May 2007 - 10:26 AM.

#16 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 10:37 AM

IMO all of the spiderman movies suck... the cartoon was much better... in spiderman 1 for example, he went from being a wimp, to still a wimp when he turned into spiderman... he was supposed to become all buff, but no, he still looked like a wimp.. never even watched spiderman 2, but i bet it sucked as much as the first one... cartoon ftw

#17 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:08 PM

Three bad guys in one movie comon thats stupid. :tdown: I am still wating for the next Batman movie. :dork:

#18 dar_tana

dar_tana

Death to the Infidels!

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:06 PM

I went to a late showing and a whole bunch of college kids were there. That made it good. To them, it was basically a comedy. I think the dialogue was purposely cheesy at some points to make it funny. They might of played the bad boy stuff a little much. But the final fight scene was amazing. For that, the movie was good.

#19 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 01:34 PM

i thought the first 2/3 of the movie was good. Haden Church does a great job as sandman, the best acting in the movie. when he is trying to figure out what was going on, it really made you feel for him, as well as the end.

To me it felt alittle long, and the dancing scenes really did pull me out of it. Those scenes felt very sam rami to me (evil dead) but over all i thought the movie was worth watching.

Also before the movie was out Sam Rami openly said that he doesnt like the venom character and it is obvious in this movie.

#20 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 04:38 PM

Three bad guys in one movie comon thats stupid. :tdown: I am still wating for the next Batman movie. :dork:

Just about every batman movie made had at least 3 villians in it lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users