45 replies to this topic

#1 S.W.A.T. 2.0

S.W.A.T. 2.0

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:37 AM

Wanted to know what everyone thought of the current rule about "no excessive CT camping." Shadow mentioned changing it back to the old rule of "no CT camping at all" while I think it should just be "no CT garage camping."

What do you all think??

#2 James Jones

James Jones

Lurker

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:48 AM

No garage camping would be good. The only other annoying place that ct's camp sometimes is over by the snowman, so if that was included also i think it would be better.

#3 Riel

Riel

One Scary Fucker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:37 AM

no garage camping, any where else i could care less

#4 Andorz

Andorz

Lurker

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 10:42 AM

Vidmaker made a comment last night about no BoSS people camping ever. Stating the quote "We rush; you die" Think there's confusion on the camping and the guarding concept. Don't know but rushing isn't very sound tactics on some maps. I was on terrorist in the office and setup on longhall. Terroist were getting overrun pretty bad anyway. Most were rushing garage and I set back to stall the advancing CT's. Vid..kept saying I was camping.. blah blah blah...

Hell, on Dust2 the CT's setup "CAMPS" so to speak to watch for movement of the terrorist then close in on them. This is a tactic and one that apparently works, sometimes ;) Now, hiding way in a corner "IE snowman" with no objective in site is camping. Guarding a strategic position isn't camping.

High traffic areas are not considered camps in my book. Garage is a high traffic area and some CT's setting up to watch the back isn't camping. It's guarding the rear. If CT's keep getting overrun from the rear. I'll be guarding the garage to slow the terrorist down. Sitting there with no traffic is camping. Always should move up when things are clear on CT. Now if CT sits in the same spot for more than 30 seconds with no one in sight that's camping.

I

#5 ashbash

ashbash

- The English Wanker -

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 10:57 AM

on the office the ct mission is to rescue hosties not to camp garage to get loadz of kills

t's shud defend the hosties simple as.

#6 Achilles

Achilles

Lurker

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:29 PM

on the office the ct mission is to rescue hosties not to camp garage to get loadz of kills

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed!

#7 Andorz

Andorz

Lurker

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:06 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So, if your a terrorist you can't rush the garage? :wtf:

#8 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:51 PM

I think that it's the T's who rush garage to get kills. They are the ones who should be penalized. It's not their objective... But when they do it is a matter of self defense and defense of the whole CT team to "camp" there. However, camping in the rooms with the crossfire tactic is really lame and it should be considered a slay-zone. I hate when CT's camp the snowman and the outer office area, it really pisses me off cause they are wasting everybodies time :no:

Edited by Frag0holic, 18 March 2005 - 02:54 PM.

#9 James Jones

James Jones

Lurker

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 03:34 PM

the two worst spots that are camped regularly is the dark alley that leads to the snowman and the room with the boxes leading to the snipers nest by ct spawn. i dont particularly mind the other locations because people can be fairly easily routed out of them, but those two are tough and, like frag said, time consuming.

#10 S.W.A.T. 2.0

S.W.A.T. 2.0

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 05:10 PM

I think that it's the T's who rush garage to get kills. They are the ones who should be penalized. It's not their objective... But when they do it is a matter of self defense and defense of the whole CT team to "camp" there. However, camping in the rooms with the crossfire tactic is really lame and it should be considered a slay-zone. I hate when CT's camp the snowman and the outer office area, it really pisses me off cause they are wasting everybodies time :no:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The best defense is a good offense...T's rushing garage is a must (or the game would be one giant camp-off) Plus, if the CT's take the garage window, it's an absolute slaughter house (used to be my fav spot as CT...)

Really, I think no garage camping/snowman camping is a good idea. Snowman camping simply because there is absolutely no reason to do so (it's far away from any objectives and not en-route to any). I say slay warning/ban afterwards for anyone camping these two spots (or maybe slay warning for just garage, instant ban for anyone camping side garage rooms/snowman area)

#11 ashbash

ashbash

- The English Wanker -

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 05:11 PM

So, if your a terrorist you can't rush the garage?  :wtf:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah t's job is to defend hosties but they shud do it all over the map

#12 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 02:51 PM

What I'm saying is T's are NOT supposed to rush garage, I don't want to forbid it however. I mean that CT's have "the law" on their side when they do rush, it's self defense. I do believe however that a massive rush of the garage is more effective if you have the skill and manpower :20:

#13 Fluke

Fluke

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 04:04 PM

how i see it is that Cts should be allowed to HOLD the garage this is not to be mistaken for camping and sitting there basically the whole round.also on the T side with them being allowed to camp i think that it should be strictly to the offices only!!! meaning they cannot camp the garage or anywhere outside!!! again just my 2 cents

#14 Riel

Riel

One Scary Fucker

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 04:50 PM

boss theory always wins no matter which team we rush you die and its true they do die!

#15 .:Purple Haze:.

.:Purple Haze:.

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 07:03 PM

I think that the CT's should be able to watch that flank in the garage for like the first 20-30 sec from the start of the round ne thing more thn that it can be camping.

If the CTs rnt going for the objective no matter where they are in the map they should get warned and sh*t.

#16 i_smoke_crayons

i_smoke_crayons

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:44 PM

methinks that there should be NO ct camping(defending garage is not camping in my book) and that t's can only camp in office; not anywhere else... thats just my opinion

#17 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 01:13 PM

Ct's should go for the objectives... Sometimes though, the terrorists are really lame and kill the hostages. I think that should lead to a CT win cause what else do they have to do? They could just pack up their stuff and leave, they have no more objective :1:
But sure, CT's shouldn't be allowed to "hold" the garage for a long time.. once there are no more T's coming they should try to take the office from there.

#18 Kass

Kass

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 02:40 PM

if i catch people killing the hosties it is an instant kick or ban if they have been doing it repeatedly

#19 Hung Like A Stick of Pocky

Hung Like A Stick of Pocky

Lurker

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 11:03 PM

A lot of it is really dependent on the number of people playing. When you've got full sides of 15, it only makes sense that most of the team of CT's goes forward but a small number hang back to watch the rear, or try to slow down any possible advancements.

When it's half a dozen people to a team, that's when it's problematic. When most of the team is dead, those left need to realize THEY need to accomplish the mission goals - which is not hunting down all the remaining T's, but rescuing the hostages.

I like playing CT as much as T on this map, but there's something to be said for a good group of CT players who advance while covering their rears. It's realistic and it needs to be done when you have the T's rushing out.

In a five minute round, there should be no camping allowed after the first 2 1/2 minutes. That gives you time to hold off a rear attack or get slaughtered by it. Those who camp when it's down to the last few players are the real problem ones.

#20 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:49 PM

wat i really hate is when ppl camp on exit signs that pisses me off.......ALOT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users