Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:41 PM

I slay those f*ckers instantly

#22 misterweels

misterweels

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:55 PM

im ok if they camp in garage spawn area but just as long as they dont stay there for more than 1/4 of round or 30 sec
if i see ppl camp for longer than 30 sec either i warn them or slay them. i had to kick an excessive camper once

#23 Fearless Vampire Slayer

Fearless Vampire Slayer

Lurker

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:06 AM

We've all been on ct and tried to rush office but the re re newbs on your team coulden't rush their way out of a paper bag. So your only other option is to camp the garage in order to not get crushed by the advancing Ts. So we are left with a dillema, Should we be forced to relie on teammates to help carry a rush, or can we camp when necisary?

#24 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 02:07 PM

i let ppl camp in the garage but thats defending not camping but if some one is in one of the 2 rooms in garage i will wait about 30sec. if there not out of there i slay them then they b*tch and i eventually kick them

#25 monster

monster

You live on pen island

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:41 PM

I think whether T's rush the garage, or the CT's camp the garage, most things are ok until people start to get bored and drag the game out forever. If someone is camping because they are guarding hosties or see an immediate threat, that's ok. It pisses me off when only a few people are left and they hide like scared b*tches.

My to bits...

#26 Wingman

Wingman

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:32 AM

I'm gonna break this down a different way.

There are two ways for T's to win:
1) Kill all CT's
2) Prevent CT's from saving the hostages within the time limit.

There are two ways for CT's to win:
1) Kill all T's
2) Rescue all of the hostages

If you are staying in one spot to achieve one of these goals, then it isn't camping. It is being strategic. Like people have mentioned about watching the garage to make sure that the T's don't come up behind the CT's. The only times I really consider it camping is if a player is in a spot where there isn't alot of traffic from either side, like by the snowman, or if they are just trying to hide until the round ends so they don't have to rebuy their guns again.

So basically, for CT's, its camping if you are hiding somewhere that isn't travelled much, or if you are neglecting your responsibility to save the hostages as one of the remaining T's.

For T's, i'd say its only camping if they are hiding in one of those windowed hallways off of the garage even though they are one of the last T's.

So I guess basically I am saying that it isn't camping if you are attempting to complete, or help to complete, one of your teams goals.

#27 Kass

Kass

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 11:47 AM

On CT the hosties are your first priority, not trying to get as mant kills as you can.

#28 Artimus

Artimus

Lurker

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 03:28 PM

Wanted to know what everyone thought of the current rule about "no excessive CT camping."� Shadow mentioned changing it back to the old rule of "no CT camping at all" while I think it should just be "no CT garage camping."

What do you all think??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i think it depends were they are camping

if its in the back of garage were Ts rush in ,ya know with the big metal door, then camping is a-ok. :tup:
but if they camp in the side rooms, or round the corners out front then its bad :tup:

but in retro spect if the servers had teams after 4 rounds of being pwned by the T's it probuly whould not happen :whatever:

that or if every one didnt go to the terorist team every dame time

Edited by Artimus, 07 May 2005 - 03:30 PM.

#29 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 07 May 2005 - 05:09 PM

well one day i was on CT and we were owning Ts then everyone of them stayed at spawn not a single person went garage or even long hall they were all perjector room is this alowed can i slay them for a massive camp such as that

#30 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 01:27 AM

When they do that it is usually because the CTs are grinding them into to the floor. But I agree that it's lame. It is also ineffective, like all forms of CT camping (unless they are defending garage).

#31 Aziz

Aziz

Ё-Ж-И-К

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:17 AM

im gonna go off topic for a bit. i understand that office is T's map, and their mission is to defend the hostages. However, the excessive camping really pisses me off. Im not talking about Frag, for example, hes defending the long hall, but when people camp the projector room every single round... ?! Thats what i call excessive camping.

#32 Frag0holic

Frag0holic

I AM DEATH INCARNATE

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 01:29 PM

If this was a real situation, the Ts would not rush the garage, unless they were vikings or something :20:. And the CTs wouldn't go hide and make snowmen... The Ts would dig in and brace for onslaught, they would not abandon the hostages (camping projector room is because you leave 2 of them unchecked). The CTs would concentrate on getting the hostages out alive.
Above all, the Ts would NOT kill the hostages!! That would result in a CT win IRL :1:

In my book: de_ maps; no T camping. cs_ maps; no CT camping.

Edited by Frag0holic, 08 May 2005 - 01:31 PM.

#33 The Punisher

The Punisher

Who Knows?

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:49 AM

If you think of it from a real world standpoint, if the good old US of A was invading some office with terrorists, they would never hide in there drop point. They would rush in and get the hostages, which is there number one priortiy.

The Ts would either fully go defense or know that the best defense is indeed offense, or rushing. They could rush where they know the marines would be in order to kill them.

I think that the cts should be able to stay in garage for to face the t onslaught but not stay there after the primary t rush is completed. Camping for cts at Snowman, exit sign, or boxes in the window room near garage should result in a slay.

Idk this is how i see it

#34 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:39 AM

if it was a real life situation Ts wud start moving down hosties y do u think they got them and in real life its a big deal if a CT dies they dont respawn next mission =P

and on de maps both CAN camp at there set times tho only if the bombs not planted CTs can camp if it is Ts can camp bomb sites only

here r the CT and T camping rules i follow:
CT:
garage door: defending not camping no slay zone
garage side rooms: instant slay zone
snow man and tunnel area: instant slay zone
back office: wait 1 or 2 rounds then slay
stairs: waits 1 or 2 rounds then slay
exit signs: instant slay if already dead slay at spawn
and repeat offenders will get kicked/banned if exsesively camped
every where else u cant camp if ur CT cuz theres Ts left and right

T:
spawn: waits 3 or 4 rounds warns then slays if they arnt listening
long hall: never slayed
bathroom: never slayed
garage side rooms: not often Ts r there but once on a while they r and get instantly slayed
back office: slay if camped for over 1 min
exit signs: instant slay
snowman and tunnel area: slayed if camped over 1 min

ok thats hows i do my sh*t

#35 The Punisher

The Punisher

Who Knows?

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 02:02 PM

Actually, The Usa would prolly say screw it and bomb the building until it is flat as a board. :1:

#36 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 12:56 AM

it is quite hard to keep track of and usually fails if there are too many campers but i focus on the exsesive campers more and deal with the lesser campers for later but it does help a lot to have other admins in there as well

#37 Mr.Big

Mr.Big

Journeyman

• Banned
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 08:21 PM

Eep! I better stop camping.... lol jk.

I think that holding the garage from the T's is ok camping, but that room with the boxes and the windows is not. yes, i've camped there a few times, it was fun, but it was cheap. As for the T's, camping garage (considering it was taken) would be really not cool, but hall camping is a-ok. As for spawn, a lot of T's camp there (From what i've seen) but i am undecided.

just my $.02

#38 Artimus

Artimus

Lurker

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 02:33 PM

ct only camp when they get raped 12 round in a row :tdown:
if we actualy have teams on the severs, of admins try to even them there will be almost no problem. or we can just have no camping at all for both ct and T
in which any one who stands still for 30 sec onds get slayn :whatever:
or go for what the games like now and just auto slaye all ct every god dame game ans save the rapage time :tdown:

#39 misterweels

misterweels

Combine Soldier

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 02:57 PM

im fine with camping as long as its tactical like for example u see bunch of ts running at u and u run ur ass to neareast corner and shooot them all or run to stairwell and shoot htem all and after that u move and go rescue hosties or something. but if person camp whole round or just sit there and he last person and not rescueing hosties then i have problem tats when i start slaying i mean yelling. hehee

and i agree wiht pocky after 2 mins no camping sometimes i camp when im t or ct if i kno someone is chasing me i camp so i can get them in back and it works

#40 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:07 PM

ct only camp when they get raped 12 round in a row :tdown:
if we actualy have teams on the severs, of admins try to even them there will be almost no problem. or we can just have no camping at all for both ct and T
in which any one who stands still for 30 sec onds get slayn :whatever:
or go for what the games like now and just auto slaye all ct every god dame game ans save the rapage time  :tdown:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats y we have autoteam blance and CTs camp if there winning or not. also in long hall Ts need to camp same as garage door for CTs. each team in my opinion has there respective camping zones where they can stay for a limited amount of time with it not being camping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users