• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:03 PM

ive been playing it all day, also agree that its amazing, the handling is a little different, and the cars throw around a lot, the graphics are good, not used to the new controls which aren't that great and don't really make sense, the missions aren't that fun yet, but they always start off a little slow. The guys accent is a little annoying after 4 hours of playing. The first thing you should do when u get in a car is do a burnout, sick; the smoke looks real for once. I have already visited the many strip clubs and restaurants as well as clothing stores and such, so unlike San Andreas they dont lock some stuff away till later in the game(that i know of) i am hoping that they do and what you see at the start isn't the whole package. Online play you have the whole city unlocked and its a deathmatch so basically you just kill people the whole time. Its pretty cool, gets annoying if you just want to cruise around. I highly recommend this to everyone with a ps3 or xbox, i am praying that they come out with a PC version to cover my act. What are your guys thoughts on the game, graphics, game play, characters, vehicles etc.

#2 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:05 PM

I have a 360, but I'm still going to wait to "buy" it on PC.

#3 Sgt. Bojo

Sgt. Bojo

Ant Lion Guard

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:11 PM

You have to unlock different boroughs and there are dozens of online modes.

#4 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:54 PM

ive been playing it all day, also agree that its amazing, the handling is a little different, and the cars throw around a lot, the graphics are good, not used to the new controls which aren't that great and don't really make sense, the missions aren't that fun yet, but they always start off a little slow. The guys accent is a little annoying after 4 hours of playing. The first thing you should do when u get in a car is do a burnout, sick; the smoke looks real for once. I have already visited the many strip clubs and restaurants as well as clothing stores and such, so unlike San Andreas they dont lock some stuff away till later in the game(that i know of) i am hoping that they do and what you see at the start isn't the whole package. Online play you have the whole city unlocked and its a deathmatch so basically you just kill people the whole time. Its pretty cool, gets annoying if you just want to cruise around. I highly recommend this to everyone with a ps3 or xbox, i am praying that they come out with a PC version to cover my act. What are your guys thoughts on the game, graphics, game play, characters, vehicles etc.

Well by this review any unknowing person would think the game is crap.

I agree that the game is amazing but you made it sound awful lol

#5 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:54 PM

me too cause i dont have a 360 or ps3, so im really hoping for it on PC. Does anybody know how many garages there are in the game?

P.S. i was trying to criticize the game as much as i could but its really hard, its just so dam good.

Edited by matthew0155, 29 April 2008 - 08:55 PM.

#6 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:00 PM

The game is hilarious, the in-game Internet is so funny, the soundtrack is good, the multiplayer is fun, the city is beautiful, and the features are awesome.

#7 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:02 PM

yeah, 10 out of 10. I got it on the ps3 and it is good....real good.

#8 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:36 PM

Posted Image
Hhahahhahahahhahhhaaaaaa hahahaa.

#9 Ahkmed

Ahkmed

DICK RAMM

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:23 AM

Would probably get it if you know, my 360 wasn't broken.

#10 MainEvent

MainEvent

God of the Godless

• Dedicated Member
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:55 AM

I can't wait.

#11 �HADOW109

�HADOW109

Inquisitor

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:26 PM

When the PC version comes out, there will be some awesome mods :evil: .

#12 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:10 PM

yeah... I don't really care what people say about the game, Everybody that jumps on that console bandwagon is a fucking fanboy, until its out on PC, I think its pretty much useless and restrictive.

and theres no way in hell I'm paying for XBL again.

#13 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:04 PM

i do really think it will come out for PC or ill have to rip out lots of cash to buy a ps3 for it (if it doesent get pulled of shelves first which i think it will)
either way its awesome.

#14 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:50 AM

It's not getting pulled of store shelves, these people can stop crying about the drunk driving and handjobs, etc...the ESRB knew what was in the game this time, it's not getting re-rated.

#15 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:20 AM

they spoke about taking san andreas off the shelves. This is worse, what convinced me was when i went into the hospital and killed sick people.

#16 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:37 AM

they spoke about taking san andreas off the shelves. This is worse, what convinced me was when i went into the hospital and killed sick people.

If Australia isn't banning GTA:4, then there is, zero, zip, none, nada, zilch, nunca, rein, niets, keine, nessun, aucun, chance of it even being pulled in the United States.

#17 Knife Girl

Knife Girl

Journeyman

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:58 AM

Australia a bunch of prudes? o_O Didn't San Andreas have a something coffee mod? Was that apart of its game, I know it had a different ESRB rating cuz of it.

I think GTA4 will be awesome, I have a ps3 but Id still get on PC. Maybe get it on PS3 too.. Might have driving built into the sixaxis =o?

Edited by Knife Girl, 01 May 2008 - 10:59 AM.

#18 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:03 AM

its does use sixaxes.

Get it. You wont regret it, if you dont like it i give you permission to come to here and beat me.

#19 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:58 PM

GTA IV prolly isn't coming to PC. The Bully isn't on PC, Manhunt isn't.. Rockstar seems to slowly be pulling away from the PC ports. I love GTA IV. So f*cking awesome!

#20 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:06 PM

GTA IV prolly isn't coming to PC. The Bully isn't on PC, Manhunt isn't.. Rockstar seems to slowly be pulling away from the PC ports. I love GTA IV. So f*cking awesome!

Manhunt is on PC... Search through steam and you can find it there.

Besides that, I'm not amazingly impressed with GTA4. The story will be a f*cking headache to follow as the cut scenes last 20 minutes and have mind numbing European blabber that makes me want to take a drill to my ears. I was baked playing this game, and it still got on my f*cking nerves. The cars slide too much, and up until this point the majority of the missions have been boring ass car rides. I've yet to get very far, so I might comment more later. Maybe there's more features that need to be unlocked... so far, I've just seen faults in comparison to SA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users