49 replies to this topic

#41 Capt.John

Capt.John

Goofanacka

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:33 PM

I've been playing GTA4 since release and it is probably the best console gaming experience I've ever had. Good story,physics(funny sh*t always happening),online,etc... If you have a 360/PS3 and are looking for a game to try it out this is definitely the one, but if its going to pc it might be worth the wait for all the mods and stuff.

#42 poocrayon

poocrayon

headpopper

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:34 AM

yeah... I don't really care what people say about the game, Everybody that jumps on that console bandwagon is a f*cking fanboy, until its out on PC, I think its pretty much useless and restrictive.

and theres no way in hell I'm paying for XBL again.

+1.... im so f*cking sick of console games. the controllers are such a step backwards from mouse + keyboard. and having to pay for XBL after i've already shell out $50-60 for a game is f*cking absurd. XBL should be free and included in the price of the xbox.

#43 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:36 PM

and having to pay for XBL after i've already shell out $50-60 for a game is f*cking absurd. XBL should be free and included in the price of the xbox.

thats why you dont get an xbox.

pc is for muilt player games

consoles are for sports and driving games.

Edited by Florida_Funk, 06 May 2008 - 02:37 PM.

#44 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:00 PM

thats why you dont get an xbox.

pc is for muilt player games

consoles are for sports and driving games.

gta4 goes both ways (;
but personally i prefer gta games on console. Even though when i started san andreas up on my computer the graphics blew up my mind...
Cause there is alot of driving and running and shooting in gta. the only problem is the shooting with the contoller, but that does not bother me because i always use auto aim anyway, but it would bother me if i had to aim with joystick. Also gta was never really a mulit player intill san andreas decided to try it out...

#45 -=Penguin=-

-=Penguin=-

Jedi Mind Tricks

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:16 PM

Got GTA4 couple of days ago and i am addicted! i dont really like the multiplayer but the single player story is getting better and better. There is so much fun stupid sh*t to do you can play all day long and not get bored

#46 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:47 PM

gta4 goes both ways (;
but personally i prefer gta games on console. Even though when i started san andreas up on my computer the graphics blew up my mind...
Cause there is alot of driving and running and shooting in gta. the only problem is the shooting with the contoller, but that does not bother me because i always use auto aim anyway, but it would bother me if i had to aim with joystick. Also gta was never really a mulit player intill san andreas decided to try it out...

yea GTA is just one of those games I would have a hard time with on the PC. I've played so much GTA over the years I'm just way more into the console controllers but thats just my opinion.

#47 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:25 PM

i guess you could always buy a controller for PC..

#48 Florida_Funk

Florida_Funk

Americas Wang

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:00 PM

I'm about 40% done with the game and have $324,563. Wtf am I gonna buy w/ this, guns dont cost that much, eating out and taxi's aint gonna drain me. So what is there to buy?

#49 Ahkmed

Ahkmed

DICK RAMM

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:17 PM

4636.6 hookers? But yeah, there doesn't seem to be alot to spend money on.

#50 Communist

Communist

Red Lazarus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:42 AM

I'd love the game more if it wasn't f*cking FREEZING roughly every half-hour (three hours with the console stood up). Or if my console hadn't eaten the disc to powder when a butterfly's wing knocked the b*tch over.

That said, the two days of experience I had were nothing but good, though it seems like the entire first third of the game is one big tutorial (and it takes WAY TOO f*ckING LONG to get to Alongquin and Alderny). The auto-target system is smooth, the driving controls well (though the skids are ridiculous), the story is incredibly engrossing for a rags-to-riches tale, the PLOT TWEESTS are actually unexpected, the AI is top-notch, the characters are all well-developed and fleshed-out (well, most of them), and the setting feels authentic- it's fantastic.

By the way, the new "ring" system does the nearly impossible of making you hate the police even more than in any other GTA game- nothing says frustration like a cop car spotting you three seconds before the alarm dies off. It's incredibly engrossing, though if you EVER get arrested you best just reload a game because it'll take you a year or all your cash to get your gun collection back. It's best to just suicide-by-cop, because the hospital bill doesn't include your guns (that is, unless you're in Florida's position, in which case it's not that big of a deal. But to a starting-out player losing your found guns will be crippling).

Little Jacob is my homeboy.

Oh, and Banshee 4 life comrade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users