49 replies to this topic

#21 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:23 PM

GTA IV prolly isn't coming to PC. The Bully isn't on PC, Manhunt isn't.. Rockstar seems to slowly be pulling away from the PC ports. I love GTA IV. So f*cking awesome!

Rockstar is a business, businesses are there to make money. With this simple equation you can see how obvious it is that it will be on PC.

Low cost of porting + Sale price of a normal PC game + Large player base that will buy it/rebuy it for the advantages of being a PC game = A shit load of cash that Rockstar will never ignore.

Bully wasn't a huge success, the only real coverage it got was from fundy groups, therefore it wasn't ported to PC, just to some easier to port to consoles.

I'd probably say, 8 months and it's out on PC.

#22 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:27 PM

I have a 360, but I'm still going to wait to "buy" it on PC.

+1

GTA IV prolly isn't coming to PC. The Bully isn't on PC, Manhunt isn't.. Rockstar seems to slowly be pulling away from the PC ports. I love GTA IV. So f*cking awesome!

I would think that from all the attention GTA:SA got from the Hot Coffee mod RockStar would put it on PC, for more free
advertisement. Along with what Ezekiel said.
Also i just found this. Clicky

#23 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:35 PM

Has anyone else tried the online yet? Its pure madness, I love it. :weee:

#24 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:11 PM

it'll be on PC, rockstar put san andreas on PC

Has anyone else tried the online yet? Its pure madness, I love it. :weee:

ya, defiantly dont go online to play seriously, get shot and killed every where you go.

#25 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:03 PM

I meant Manhunt 2, my bad :P

and as I said, so they put the GTA so freakin long ago on PC, so what? They haven't put Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories (at least I'm pretty sure they haven't) the bully, Manhunt 2 and so many other games. I doubt GTA IV is coming to PC. If so though, cool. PC versions usually the best visually lol (but I likes mah controller, have none for the PC)

Edited by Vicious, 01 May 2008 - 07:04 PM.

#26 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:44 PM

LCS + VCS weren't that great hits, also they were for the PSP and looked like hell on the ps2, i could only imagine how it would look on the computer.

#27 Ezekiel

Ezekiel

Defiant Little Prick

• Demigod
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:57 PM

LCS + VCS weren't that great hits, also they were for the PSP and looked like hell on the ps2, i could only imagine how it would look on the computer.

What he said, saying that GTA: 4 wont come to PC because some PSP games, that were more like expansion packs, didn't get ported to PC is incredibly asinine.

#28 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:30 AM

and theres no way in hell I'm paying for XBL again.

you should just softmod your xbox then and never pay for any game again

#29 Massacre

Massacre

Obvious Troll

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:32 AM

Manhunt is on PC... Search through steam and you can find it there.

Besides that, I'm not amazingly impressed with GTA4. The story will be a f*cking headache to follow as the cut scenes last 20 minutes and have mind numbing European blabber that makes me want to take a drill to my ears. I was baked playing this game, and it still got on my f*cking nerves. The cars slide too much, and up until this point the majority of the missions have been boring ass car rides. I've yet to get very far, so I might comment more later. Maybe there's more features that need to be unlocked... so far, I've just seen faults in comparison to SA.

Disregard this, I suck cocks.

The game is amazing... Turns out when I said I was baked... apparently that meant too baked to grasp the game very well. I played for a couple hours last night decently sober. I throughly enjoy this game in comparison to SA.

#30 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:45 AM

GTA IV prolly isn't coming to PC.

Yes it is.

And the first few missions aren't that great but once you get used to the controls and everything it's fine.

#31 Sniprwulf

Sniprwulf

demolition expert

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:16 AM

Like ezekiel said, rockstar would be idiots if they didn't make a pc version. making it available would create more revenue, extend the shelflife, as well as increase the fanbase.

#32 Novahawk

Novahawk

Beast

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,896 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 01:38 PM

Would be much revenue, seeing as how people would just download it. For example, all of you...

#33 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:13 PM

Disregard this, I suck cocks.

The game is amazing... Turns out when I said I was baked... apparently that meant too baked to grasp the game very well. I played for a couple hours last night decently sober. I throughly enjoy this game in comparison to SA.

There are just so many subtle things to enjoy and discover in the game. On the surface it might not seem like much but when you really get into the game the amount of detail and just 'stuff' in the game is pretty amazing. I do miss a little bit of the country side and scale of San Andreas but overall GTA4 is an amazing game.

Racing online is pretty damn fun too. On time I did a 16 player race and we all got up to around full speed on this straight away and at the end of that there was this sharp turn. No one slowed down quick enough and the entire pack just slammed into this wall at the end of the straight away, it was classic. I've raced boats too, pretty damn fun.

#34 Snookers

Snookers

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:17 PM

do you guys know if the pc versions are any good for gta? because i dont have a 360 or ps3 and dont wanna spend all that money just for gta

#35 Vicious

Vicious

Combine Zombie

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:37 PM

I dunno, it just seems to me that so many of Rockstars other games that did fairly well weren't ported to comp. It seemed like they are stepping away from it lol. If they do make one, cool. If not, oh well.

#36 IWantWhiteCastle

IWantWhiteCastle

I Know the Slyder Secret

• Dedicated Member
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:50 PM

I dunno, it just seems to me that so many of Rockstars other games that did fairly well weren't ported to comp. It seemed like they are stepping away from it lol. If they do make one, cool. If not, oh well.

There's a difference between "fairly well" and GTA..it will probably be the top selling game of at least this year and nearly perfect reviews from critics will push even more sales. PC version is almost guaranteed imo.

#37 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:15 AM

Yes it is.

And the first few missions aren't that great but once you get used to the controls and everything it's fine.

i agree, they all start off slow. The ONLY thing is, i dont want to spoil the game for myself, but i must know, is there any car modification like in SA?
I would def. by the game for PC. I dont have xbox or ps3 either.

#38 Kill_JOy

Kill_JOy

Combine Zombie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:14 AM

Would probably get it if you know, my 360 wasn't broken.

It's the reason my 360 is broken.

Plenty of youTube vids about people who's systems (both PS3 and XBOX 360) have crashed due to some bug in the game supposedly screwing with the cache.

I'm happy that there are people out there who's systems are ok. Wish mine was. The short amount of time I spent playing the game was great.

#39 Chris82

Chris82

Serpentis Rear Admiral

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:10 PM

i agree, they all start off slow. The ONLY thing is, i dont want to spoil the game for myself, but i must know, is there any car modification like in SA?
I would def. by the game for PC. I dont have xbox or ps3 either.

No, they took that out because it's not as useful in the city where there's usually alternate means of transportation. However, a lot of missions are so creative compared to the last games, for example
Spoiler
Shit like that makes the game so deep...

Also, when you get to a mission called "The Holland Play...", you MUST
Spoiler

#40 matthew0155

matthew0155

• Server Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:24 PM

i noticed that in one of the early missions, you have the choice to kill, or save the guy hanging on from the building, i still dont know why i saved him, but i dont know why i would have let him die either..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users