31 replies to this topic

#21 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:35 AM

Holy sh*t, you're right... and way to be the only other person I know to have read that book.

For some reason I always thought it mentioned Chicago. Guess it's time to reread it.

yeah, i'm a fan of obscure fiction...and vampires. speaking of obscure fiction, read The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty. It's a total balls out spin on the fairytale.

#22 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:40 AM

yeah, i'm a fan of obscure fiction...and vampires. speaking of obscure fiction, read The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty. It's a total balls out spin on the fairytale.

Someone said the same thing about "Wicked" (Oz) and I'm about 3/4's the way through and thoroughly unimpressed. I'll pick it up this weekend though.

I guess I should say that the someone said it would be cynical and humorous... it's been a f*cking love story so far. Sure it's added political elements to Oz, but if I wanted to read about politics, I'd read the NYTimes.

Edited by Halcomb, 16 October 2007 - 02:47 AM.

#23 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:50 AM

Someone said the same thing about "Wicked" (Oz) and I'm about 3/4's the way through and thoroughly unimpressed. I'll pick it up this weekend though.

I guess I should say that the someone said it would be cynical and humorous... it's been a f*cking love story so far. Sure it's added political elements to Oz, but if I wanted to read about politics, I'd read the NYTimes.

hmm well the prince that free's sleeping beauty pimps that hoe out not to mention all the sadomachocism. Rice wrote it under Roquelaure.

#24 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:04 AM

hmm well the prince that free's sleeping beauty pimps that hoe out not to mention all the sadomachocism. Rice wrote it under Roquelaure.

lol... seems interesting enough. That actually sounds like Wicked. The Wicked Witch of the West turns out to be a bleeding heart slut. I mean, the book would have been better had I started reading it expecting it to be what it is, instead of being led to believe there was something funny coming up. I keep reading thinking, "Ok. Where the f*ck's the humor?"

I mean, if I pick that up, I at least know it's Rice and know what to expect for the most part.

#25 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:28 PM

It's based on a "graphic novel" not a "regular novel" so you basically ownd yourself by reading that book. That's kinda like reading a book about 300 after 300 came out.

graphic novel, book w/e

I thought in the book they were in LA?

No. I have read the "Graphic novel" book what ever you want to call it. In the "Book" there are some parts that take place in New Orleans.
The sequel is set in LA.

Edited by King_Dude, 16 October 2007 - 02:28 PM.

#26 Halcomb

Halcomb

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:24 PM

graphic novel, book w/e

No. I have read the "Graphic novel" book what ever you want to call it. In the "Book" there are some parts that take place in New Orleans.
The sequel is set in LA.

we were talking about I am Legend, not 30 Days of Night.

#27 King_Dude

King_Dude

Chief Medical Officer

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:49 PM

we were talking about I am Legend, not 30 Days of Night.

ohh.

#28 Komit

Komit

Combine Elite

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:33 AM

Went and saw the movie earlier with friends, and you're right, it was f*cking cheesy. We ended up laughing 3/4 of the movie.

#29 Jack

Jack

The Uncola

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:04 PM

I'm watching it now...it's...i'm waiting for I Am Legend.

#30 DarkShadow

DarkShadow

Elitist Fuck

• Gods
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 06:47 AM

The Vampires looked a bit retarded, made me laugh more then anything...

#31 Armageddon

Armageddon

Combine Zombie

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:49 PM

Great frickin movie. Next to Dawn of the Dead and 28 Days later/weeks later, this is the best horror film I've seen.

#32 XxInColdBloodxX

XxInColdBloodxX

-The Foxez-

• Dedicated Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 07:42 PM

Great frickin movie. Next to Dawn of the Dead and 28 Days later/weeks later, this is the best horror film I've seen.

you missed this topic by a couple months

Closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users